Family-Owned Brokerage Joins ERA® Network and Expands Brand’s Idaho Presence
MADISON, N.J., (June 6, 2022) — ERA® Real Estate, a global franchising leader within the Realogy family of brands, today announced the affiliation of ERA Shelman Realty. The market-leading company is based in Bonners Ferry, Idaho and has served the community since 1963.
Owners Mark and Loralee Carey purchased the firm in 2018 from Mark’s brother Steve Carey, who bought the firm in 1991 from the Shelman Family.
A native of Bonners Ferry, Mark Carey left his hometown following his high school graduation in 1981 to find work due to the downturn in the economy. He met his wife Loralee Carey in Oregon in 1982 and earned his real estate license there in 1984. The couple moved back to north Idaho in 1993 where Mark continued his real estate career. In 2017, Loralee obtained her real estate license when the couple was purchasing the family brokerage. Mark and Loralee’s son, Isaac, is also a REALTOR® with the local Bonner Ferry brokerage, as well as a number knowledgeable and experienced agents who live in the area.
Bonners Ferry is located in the Kootenai River Valley, approximately 30 miles south of the Canadian border and 20 miles west of the Montana border. The city serves as the official gateway city for travelers from Canada. The area is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges, offering residents and visitors ample opportunities for outdoor recreation. With a lower-than-average cost of living, Bonners Ferry and the surrounding towns are popular with families and retirees. Major employers are in health care, retail trade, manufacturing, construction, agriculture and forestry. Additionally, many employees in the area work remotely due to the availability of high-speed internet.
- Mark and Loralee Carey will fuel growth by recruiting new agents to the firm. Agents will be attracted to ERA’s business-building resources, lead generation tools and the brand’s state-of-the-art technology suite, including MoxiWorks’ powerful customer relationship management system.
- ERA’s consumer-focused marketing programs, such as TextERA, which transforms yard signs into interactive property marketing, will position agents to provide unique offerings to their clients.
- Team ERA University will support growth through increased productivity as agents tap into the extensive professional development resources in the brand’s proven learning and training platform.
- The ERA Distinctive PropertiesSM marketing program for high-end, luxury homes will allow the firm to offer an enhanced level of service and expertise to a discerning client segment.
- The brokerage is heavily involved in a variety of community efforts and donates thousands of dollars a year to organizations including the local orchestra, the 4-H, the Future Farmers of America, the Alzheimer’s Association, Bonners Ferry Senior Center, a major sponsor of the Badger Boost Club discount coupon booklet, fundraisers for Friends of the Restorium, as well as serving as the sponsor of the Kootenai River Run Scholarship.
- According to the National Association of REALTORS®, the median home listing price in Bonners Ferry is $487,000.
“Mark and Loralee’s years of experience with everything from homes, farms and ranches to investment properties have made them an invaluable asset to Bonners Ferry. Now as an ERA affiliated company, they will be well-positioned for continued success in the next phase of the company’s growth. Their partnership with the ERA brand is a testament to their dedication to their agents, clients and community. We look forward to supporting the firm’s bright future as part of the ERA family.”
– Sherry Chris, President and CEO of ERA® Real Estate
“Our affiliation with ERA Real Estate will be a major game-changer for us. As we look to attract more agents to the firm, we will be able offer them access to the brand’s comprehensive learning resources and professional development support. We also now have a distinctive edge in the market with an expanded national and international referral network and the introduction of ERA’s powerful suite of tools, easy-to-use technology and professional marketing materials. More importantly, our enhanced value proposition as an ERA affiliate will allow us to make an even greater impact on our community even more than we did as an independent firm.”
– Mark Carey, Broker/Co-Owner, ERA Shelman Realty
“Over the years, we have taken an all-encompassing approach to strengthening our community outreach efforts and our business, which go hand in hand. We have seen tremendous growth in our town over the last few years. We want to ensure that we could continue our commitment to our growing community by offering our agents access to powerful tools and systems that will allow them to serve our clients at the highest level. Our affiliation with ERA Real Estate enhances our business in meaningful ways not just to our company but also to our clients and community.”
– Loralee Carey, Co-Owner, ERA Shelman Realty
About ERA Real Estate
ERA ®Real Estate knows that real estate is as local as it gets. We believe that our core business values of collaboration, innovation, diversity and growth are needed more than ever. As a global leader in the residential real estate industry for nearly 50 years, ERA features a powerful network of like-minded entrepreneurs supported by the brand’s game-changing technology, products and powerful lead generation.
The ERA Real Estate network includes more than 40,000 affiliated brokers and independent sales associates and approximately 2,390 offices throughout the United States and 33 other countries and territories.
ERA Franchise Systems LLC (www.ERA.com) which operates the ERA Real Estate system, is a subsidiary of Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), a global provider of real estate services. ERA Real Estate information is available at www.ExploreERA.com.
ERA® Real Estate
ERA® Real Estate